There are myriad of Facebook Groups for people to share their common interests and express their opinion. I’m a member of a few for women horseback riders 50 years old and older where members share their photos, talk frustrations, fears, and triumphs.
When I pitched the idea for an article about ‘women riders of a certain age’ to Stephanie Ruff, editor of the Arabian Horse Life magazine, I wagered some women were not only Arabian horse owners but were also AHA members willing to share their group experiences. I was right. After getting permission from each group administrator, I posted my article idea and met my article interviewees.
At the deadline, I delivered the fact-checked, 1500-word copy, along with several hi-res images provided by interviewees each with the needed release forms, and photo credit text.
Click on the PDF icon to read the entire piece.
The award-winning Arabian Horse Life magazine is the official magazine of the Arabian Horse Association; a bi-monthly publication about Arabian horses and the people who love them.
Arabian Horse Life has stories, infographics, editorial and features about:
- People who express their love for the breed in all ways
- Feature products utilized in AHA member barns and facilities
- Training tips for hands-on amateurs
- Profiles of individuals who are moving the breed forward
- Inspiring horses and their stories
- Highlights from AHA national shows and rides
- AHA programs rewarding and recognizing member involvement
- AHA highlights and open events that show off the diversity of the Arabian breed
- Stories of the romantic and fascinating history of the Arabian breed…and much more!
All 16,500+ AHA members receive the print issue of the magazine free as part of a paid AHA membership. The magazine is also available for non-members for a subscription fee of $40/year.