In May 2019, Arabian Horse Life editor Stephanie Ruff, knowing I would be attending the Arabian Horse Association’s Canadian National Arabian & Half Arabian Championship Horse Show, asked me to write a 500-700 word vignette highlighting show competitors for AHL’s issue six.
Canadian Nationals stands alone as the only AHA Championship show offering a full range of competition, from Youth to Sport Horse to Main Ring. In 2019, it was held from August 11 to 17, at the Keystone Centre in downtown Brandon, Manitoba.
I delivered the fact-checked copy on four amateur competitors and their horses, along with several hi-res images that were taken by one of the interviewees or me. Each image was accompanied by the needed release forms, and photo credit text. Two photographs I took during the show were submitted and also published as part of the article in Arabian Horse Life issue 6.
Click on the PDF icon to read the entire piece, “Outside The Ring.”
The award-winning Arabian Horse Life magazine is the official magazine of the Arabian Horse Association; a bi-monthly publication about Arabian horses and the people who love them.
Arabian Horse Life has stories, infographics, editorial and features about:
- People who express their love for the breed in all ways
- Feature products utilized in AHA member barns and facilities
- Training tips for hands-on amateurs
- Profiles of individuals who are moving the breed forward
- Inspiring horses and their stories
- Highlights from AHA national shows and rides
- AHA programs rewarding and recognizing member involvement
- AHA highlights and open events that show off the diversity of the Arabian breed
- Stories of the romantic and fascinating history of the Arabian breed…and much more!
All 16,500+ AHA members receive the print issue of the magazine free as part of a paid AHA membership. The magazine is also available for non-members for a subscription fee of $40/year.