In April 2019, I pitched this 1500-word article to Arabian Horse Life editor Stephanie Ruff as an equine travel destination piece. The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame in Fort Worth, Texas, is the only museum in the world dedicated to honoring women of the American West who have displayed extraordinary courage and pioneer spirit in their trail-blazing efforts. Two of its 238 National Cowgirl Hall of Fame Honorees have Arabian horse connections.
I visited the museum in mid-April. My pitch was accepted in late April with a May 13 deadline, which I met. I delivered the fact-checked copy, along with several hi-res images provided by the museum, each with the needed release forms, and photo credit text. Because I’d pitched a destination piece, I submitted “When You Go” sidebar information, which was used. Two photographs I took during my visit to the museum were submitted and also published as part of the article in Arabian Horse Life issue 3.
Click on the PDF icon to read the entire piece.
The award-winning Arabian Horse Life magazine is the official magazine of the Arabian Horse Association; a bi-monthly publication about Arabian horses and the people who love them.
Arabian Horse Life has stories, infographics, editorial and features about:
- People who express their love for the breed in all ways
- Feature products utilized in AHA member barns and facilities
- Training tips for hands-on amateurs
- Profiles of individuals who are moving the breed forward
- Inspiring horses and their stories
- Highlights from AHA national shows and rides
- AHA programs rewarding and recognizing member involvement
- AHA highlights and open events that show off the diversity of the Arabian breed
- Stories of the romantic and fascinating history of the Arabian breed…and much more!
All 16,500+ AHA members receive the print issue of the magazine free as part of a paid AHA membership. The magazine is also available for non-members for a subscription fee of $40/year.